Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Want S'more?

Oh my God, I love s'mores, I love everything about them.  I love creating different combos for them (s'mores with a Reese's peanut butter cup anyone?).  Yesterday I decided to try make some s'mores brownies.

Ingredients
Brownie Mix
    (Oil)
    (Eggs)
Graham Crackers
Hershey's Chocolate Bars
Marshmallows

I started with brownie mix from the store.  Brand doesn't matter, just make sure it isn't a brownie/cookie type or anything like that.  I would recommend going with plain version.  Make your brownie mix according to the directions on the back of the box and pour half of it into a greased pan.

Next you will stack your s'mores ingredients onto the brownie mix.  Starting with graham crackers.


Followed by the chocolate bars.

And finally, the marshmallows.

Follow this up with the remainder of the brownie mix.

Now you have all your layers.

I baked according to the directions on the brownie box and here's what I came out with.
Pay no mind to the missing marshmallow.  It's definitely not because I tested the marshmallows.

Next time I will change things up a little bit.  The marshmallows were a little well done.  I used the convection oven and saw this as it was baking:

I think next time I may try baking it part of the way through before stacking the s'mores ingredients.  And I won't be using the convection oven.

Even if it didn't look lovely, it tasted pretty damn good.

I'll be trying other s'mores recipes as well because I may have mentioned, Oh my God I love s'mores.

Update:  Upon further gorging reflection, the marshmallows were actually not over done.  they just looked like they were do to the brownie on top (which slipped down to form a nice gooey layer in the center.  Yum).  I don't think I'd change the baking strategy next time as far as marshmallow timing.  I'll still use a regular bake cycle rather than convection.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails