Monday, June 14, 2010

A Scenic Ride

Lauren and I took a long bike ride on Sunday.  I couldn't even tell you where we went.  Our route mostly took us through neighborhoods.  I discovered areas that were entirely new to me.  One of the things I love about this area is the houses are generally not cookie cutter.  You don't see the same house every five lots.  The neighborhoods are old so there are wide varieties in what has been done in them.  We eventually made our way back to the parkway and I had to stop for a while at the Dyke Marsh.  It was so beautiful with all the cattails waving in the wind.  It was so relaxing to just close your eyes and listen to the sounds of the leaves rubbing together and the birds running around the marsh.

As for cattails, I just think they're so cool.  The height, the texture, the sound, everything...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails