Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Orange Ginger Cranberry Sauce

This is the other Cranberry Sauce I made for Thanksgiving.  It was also really good, but I overcooked it just a bit so it was thicker than I'd like.

Orange Ginger Cranberry Sauce


Ingredients

1 12 oz bag Fresh Cranberries, rinsed and drained
1 Cup Water
1 Cup Sugar, I used turbinado
Zest of one Orange
Juice of one Orange
2 Tbs Fresh Ginger, minced
Pinch of Salt
Splash of Cointreau (optional)

Directions


Prep Notes:  Always wash citrus before zesting it (or putting it in a drink)
My new method for getting grated or minced ginger?  Wash ginger and keep it in the freezer.  Grate FROZEN ginger, it's much easier to work with.






1.  Bring ingredients to a boil.


2.  Reduce heat to medium-low, simmer until thickened (15 to 25 minutes)


3.  Transfer to serving/storage dish and cool until needed.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails