Monday, December 13, 2010

Breakfast for Dinner

The other week it was my turn to make dinner but I didn't have anything planned, I didn't have anything defrosted and I didn't feel like going to the store.  What I did have was a lot of free range organic eggs thanks to some friends with chicken connections.  I also had really good bacon because Eric is obsessed with really good bacon.  So I decided it was breakfast for dinner night and made what could be described as a breakfast muffin?  Breakfast-to-go?  Breakfast-in-hand?  I'm still working on the name I guess.


Breakfast for Dinner Whose Name is Undetermined


Ingredients


Thin Sliced Bread
Bacon
Eggs
Green Onions, diced
Cheddar Cheese
Salt


Of course you can add or take away whatever you want, make vegetarian and take out the bacon, add veggies, make it as you please!


Directions
1.  Spray muffin pan.


2.  Fry bacon for about 5 minutes until it is about 2/3 of the way done.  You don't want it all the way done.


3.  Roll bread to between 1/8 and 1/4 inch thickness.


4.  Use a round cookie cutter if you have one or a glass or mug if you don't to cut circles of bread that are a little larger than the bottom of the muffin mold.


5.  Place bread rounds in the bottom of the muffin mold.


6.  Put bacon around the edges of the muffin mold.


7.  Sprinkle cheese and green onions on top of bread.


8.  Crack an egg into each mold with bread.  Sprinkle with more cheese (because it's delicious) and green onions.  Depending on the saltiness of your bacon sprinkle with salt as well. 




9.  Bake for about 12 minutes until Yolk is at your desired state of "doneness."  Heads up, the yolk never looks done.

1 comment:

Eric said...

These were really tasty. I would highly recommend them for a breakfast party.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails