Monday, December 20, 2010

Christmas Decorating - Outside

One redeeming part of winter is that I get to decorate for Christmas.  At the end of the season I like to buy a bunch of closeout Christmas decorations.  Then I get surprised the next year when I'm looking at what I have to work with.  It keeps things from getting stale.

My house is situated a little oddly.  Sure the front faces the road, but it basically sits in a church parking lot and the part that you really see when you're coming to it is the garage and the sides of the front and back yard (both of which have a little bit of fencing).  The garage has a little arbor over it on which I'm trying to train some jasmine to grow.  The front yard has a pretty dogwood tree that overhangs the driveway.  So here's what we did:


The top fence posts got wrapped in Warm Light LED large Crystal lights.  The dogwood has a year round display of lights and we added some ornaments for the holidays.  The garage arbor got lit up with the same LED lights as well as some normal mini lights.  And a bush got a net of lights as well.  Each fence post is adorned in a red bow.



This year I got all crafty and made a wreath for the front door.  I don't know if you know this about me, but apparently I gravitate towards sparkles.  I also have a thing for birds.  I got myself a grape vine wreath and some pretty sparkly things, took my glue gun and wire cutters out and winged it (wung it?  Whatever, I made it happen!).



Since people often go around to the back door rather than coming to the front, I decided the back doors needed some cheer as well.  There is no storm door so whatever I put up had to be able to handle the elements.  When I was doing some last minute shopping the day before Thanksgiving I found these babies at Safeway.


Next time I'll talk about what happened inside.  Mostly I'll just show pictures of some of my favorite ornaments and tricks.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails