Thursday, November 18, 2010

Fall Decor

I'm not great at decor, I wish I was.  I'm also not huge with seasonal decor.  I mean, I try, but usually kind of half-heartedly (except Christmas some years).  This year I had a mission to enhance my fall decor.  I  have a small problem for color so this year it's probably brighter than necessary.

Welcome to my front door and my fall wreath I got at the Old Town Farmers Market last year.  I't made of wheat, those brain looking flowers and almonds.


I put this little bucket together from the centerpiece of a wedding we went to years ago, some fake crystallized fall fruit and a piece of ribbon I found floating around.  In order not to have to use a lot of fruit to fill the bucket I stuffed it about 3/4 full with paper.  The ribbon helped to disguise some of it.



I didn't get the right picture of it, but these iron owls have candles in the back.  They used to have orange candle holders and looked really creepy at night, but after too many creepy fall nights hanging from a porch in a high wind those were lost.


The mantle is where I did most of the accessorizing.  I use the term "I" loosly as Meaghan redid the pumpkin flower vases for me.  I used a table runner to add some more fall color, flanked the mantle with pumpkin "vases" overflowing with fall flowers and added some other fall accessories.

 


I love feathers, so I love these feather balls. 


 The creepy crows got switched out for some chubby turkeys after Halloween.



2 comments:

Irene said...

Hey, I just stumbled upon your blog....and boy am I glad.
These decorations are so nice...I especially love the wreath! OH and the flowers are divine!

Great blog! :)

Jaimee said...

Hi Irene, thanks for stopping by!

Thank you so much! I'm obsessed with that wreath. I keep going back to the stall where I bought it hoping I can find one I love as much that I can keep out for other seasons. No luck so far.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails