Friday, October 29, 2010

Moving to the Country, Gonna Pick Me a A Lotta Apples

OK, so I'm not moving to the country.  But sometimes fall makes me want to.  I can't tell you the number of times we've gone out to the country this fall to do fun fall-y stuff.  A while back we went up to Homestead Farms in Maryland for our yearly apple picking trip.  it was an absolutely beautiful day.  We were late this season so we only had Cameos, Braeburns and Pink Ladies to choose from, but I still came home with 34 pounds of apples.

Homestead farms also has a petting zoo which I still love, even though I'm.... too old to enjoy a petting farm that much.  But, OMG!  Baby farm animals!  *Squeal*!  This year they had baby pigs with wagging tails (awww).  They had heirloom chickens, goats, a baby cow.

After a brunch with my ladies in the morning, gorging on testing apples in the orchard, a delicious, buttery caramel apple to snack on and a late lunch at Chee Burger Chee Burger, Eric and I both thought we might die.  We spent the rest of the night sacked out on the couch.

 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails