Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Fall


I have a love/hate relationship with Fall.  I love the colors, I love the food, I love all the fun stuff to do.  I love pumpkins.  I LOVE pumpkin and pumpkin flavored food.  I love decorating for fall.  I love putting up corn stalks and fake birds.  I love carving pumpkins.  love apple picking and making fall type food from the apples I picked.  I love going to various "haunted" locations, forests, harbors, houses...  I love camping, I love campfires and especially S'mores made over a campfire (I'm something of a S'mores expert.  Maybe I'll share my expertise in another post).  I love watching the leaves change and the animals scurry to build their winter fat and food supplies.  I love pumpkin carving parties and Halloween parties and dressing up.  I love Thanksgiving.  I even love menu planning and some of the cooking for Thanksgiving.  I love soaking up the sun for the last time for the year.

I like the crispness that comes to the air.  I even kind of like the changing season meaning it's time to break out the jeans, leggings and boots.

Here's what I hate about Fall:  It means Winter is on it's way.  Winter means being cold.  Winter makes me want to be lazy and hibernate.  Maybe I'll try to find some things to like about winter this year.

What do you love and hate about Fall?

1 comment:

Kate (Embarrassment of Riches) said...

Whoa, I just posted something scarily similar.

There's nothing I don't love about fall this year: pumpkin, apple orchards, sweaters, gourds, and most importantly, I can run again. I don't even mind impending winter, because then I'll be able to wear my new Mackage coat.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails