Thursday, February 17, 2011

I Was Running Late Last Night

...So I didn't get any pictures of dinner.  I can only imagine how bummed you are.  I know you live for nothing more than pictures of my food.  It turns out that it was OK that I was running late because this was a pretty quick meal.  Last night I made Chicken with Almond Butter from Recipe Girl.

Chicken with Almond Butter

Ingredients
1/2 Cup Almonds - the recipe called for ground almonds, but I didn't have them so I used slivered and overflowed it a little.
2 Tbs Flour
2 Tbs Butter, unsalted at room temperature
1/2 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
1/2 tsp Lemon Zest
1 Tbs Worcestershire Sauce
4 Chicken Breasts, boneless/skinless
1/4 Cup Slivered Almonds

Directions
Oven Temp:  425 degrees
1.  Blend almonds, flour and butter in a food processor (or whatever) until smooth.  Add salt, cayenne, lemon zest, lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce and mix blend well.

2.  Pound breasts lightly and spread generously with almond butter.  Place in a buttered baking dish and bake for about 15 minutes (seriously, it only took 15 minutes).

3.  Top with slivered almonds and broil for 30 seconds or until browned.

Eric and I agreed this "almond butter" would be really good on white fish as well.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Have you been running late for the past 3 months?? How am I supposed to entertain myself at work when you aren't updating your blog?!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails