Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Caramelettes

We had a bunch of people over for the Super Bowl (or commercials).  When people come over I can't help but to make dessert.  Among other things, I made Caramelettes.  A delicious, sticky recipe I got from my sister-in-law, Amber.


Caramelettes






Ingredients
1 Cup + 3 Tbs flour
1 Cup Rolled Oats
3/4 Cup Brown Sugar, packed
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1/4 tsp Salt
3/4 Cup Butter, softened
1 Cup Chocolate Chips
1/2 Cup Walnuts, chopped
3/4 Cup Caramel topping


Directions
1.  In a large bowl, combine 1 cup of flour, rolled oats, brown sugar, baking soda, salt and butter.  Blend well to form crumbs.  I used my fingers.  Then I licked my fingers.  Then I washed my hands, promise.


2.  Press half of mixture into the bottom of a 11" x 7" or 9" pan (I didn't have one available so I used a pie dish).  Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.


3.  In the meantime mix caramel topping with 3 Tbs of flour.


4.  Remove the dish from the oven and sprinkle with chocolate chips and nuts.  Pour the caramel mixture back and forth over the chocolate and nuts.  Sprinkle with the remaining crumbs.  


5.  Continue baking for 15 to 20 minutes.  Chill for 1 to 2 hours before cutting into bars and serving.


6.  Try to save some for your guests.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails