Thursday, January 27, 2011

01/25/2011 WOD

I was half looking forward to/half dreading this one.  It turns out it was pretty fun, even if my hands hurt a little the next day.


7 Rounds
4 Handstand Pushups (I used two abmats as a target)
5 Squat Cleans @ 95#
6 Chest to Bar Pullups
7 Kettlebell Swings @ 55# (heavier than normal)


In order to do this WOD as perscribed (which I didn't really do since I used the abmats...), you had to perform each of these sets unbroken.  That means you can't come down from your handstands, can't put your bar down in the squat cleans, can't come off the bar for the pullups and can't put the bell down during your swings). 


For me this meant resting longer than I'd like to before the pullups, but I did it!  The handstand pushups felt kind of like a rest.  The fifth squat clean started feeling heavy about 3 or 4 rounds through.  I had to rest before the pullups until I was sure I could do them all without coming off of the bar.  This got more important as the rounds went on.  I wasn't fast, so I really, really wanted to go unbroken.  The swings felt fine.  7 at that weight isn't too bad.


All in all, not bad!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails