Friday, October 22, 2010

Warrior Dash

Earlier this month Eric, some friends and I did a little race called the Warrior Dash, essentially an 3.5 mile obstacle course/mud run. 

A few days before, Meaghan and I came up with some awesome outfits.  We were the only ones who wore our all black outfits complete with awesomely cut up t-shirts.

We did show our team spirit by wearing matching turquoise bandannas.

We left at 7:00 for a long drive out to Nowheresville, PA.  On our drive we saw a bunch of what I can only assume to be Mennonites since we saw them on scooters (not motorized) and rollerblades.

I don't have any pictures of the race because none of us wanted to sacrifice our cameras to the race.  I'll tell you we had some pretty fun obstacles to go through as we ran through the fields and the woods.  I think it's worth mentioning that as we were running through the field, yet another Mennonite was plowing it (with a horse drawn plow) and looking at us like we were insane.  We scaled old train cars, ran over big dirt mounds, darted through rope "spiderwebs," climbed a cargo net, crawled through tunnels, waded chest deep through a freezing cold pond where we had to go over floating logs...that rolled, crawl through mud and jump over fire.

My knee started bothering me about halfway through.  The dip through the freezing pond certainly helped.  Even though my knee was hurting I was disappointed when it was over. 

After the race we were covered in mud.  We had to take the after pictures and Meaghan and I had to do handstand pictures, which wowed the people waiting in line.  Some people asked us if we were CrossFitters and many totally copped our handstand style.  It's fine though because I was moving on to a turkey leg in my near future.

It was so much fun.  I can't wait to do it again next year.

The backs of our awesomely cut up t-shirts.

Team doo-doo brown.

Post race muddiness:

Post-race turkey legs.


Giant and Midget.


Muddy Kisses.


Our "shower"


How we got mud free for the long drive home.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails