Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Clinique High Lengths Mascara


A few months ago a group of girls and I were preparing for a bachelorette party.  We were squeezed into a little bathroom so I got a good look at what other people were doing.  I noticed a friend break out this weird looking mascara.  Being a long time fan, lover and unofficial sales girl of Benefit's Bad Gal Lash (which, btw has the same formula of the best selling and more expensive Christian Dior DiorShow), I scoffed at this "other" mascara.  I tried it anyway and was wowed by the results.  I put Clinique High Lengths Mascara over the Bad Gal Lash I had been wearing and it gave my already rockin' lashes more length, volume and depth of color.

When I went to buy it they said something along the lines of "It's great for a natural look!"  Not really what I was going for.  Was I looking at the wrong mascara?  No!  High Lengths will give you a relatively natural look when used on it's own, but layered on top of an awesome mascara like my beloved Bad Gal Lash and it gives you an almost fake lashes look.

Here's some examples of how I use it, I took close ups and a little further shots for reference:

Au Naturale


Clinique High Lengths Only - I went a little thick here


Bad Gal Lash Only - the end of the tube


Bad Gal Lash layered with High Lengths.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails